Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Sorry, I can't figure out how to rotate this. I'm working on Trav's laptop (formerly known as labtop) which doesn't have my super easy picasa picture editor...

Ammon's teething! Normally such a slobber job anyway, he's really stepped up his game. :) He's sitting in his is bouncer right now, chewing furiously on a washclothe (sp?) and bouncing one leg up and down while I sing Lady Gaga.


Oops again. I wanted this picture last, but I don't have the patience right now to try and move it. This is one of my favorite faces.


Whoah - oh - oh - oh ...




Mom, these are the flower arrangements I was telling you about. I know they might seem a little weird, but we love weird things around here and I LOVE these! I put the same color of deep purple flowers on our Christmas tree. Weird, but we like it.


This was taken before it snowed...



HOORAY!

Not just like Daddy, I see my eyes in our little Prospector here so I posted it as proof. If you don't believe me, that's too bad...but you're wrong. :)

We were/are so excited about this tree. For the first 5 years of our marriage, we had a tiny little Target tree that was barely 4 feet tall after we positioned it on a shoe box. We were reminiscing a couple nights ago about some of our more memorable experiences during that time. I get that these memories are more fun for us to remember than for you to read, but I still want to record them so you might just have to skip ahead.

Watching the first season of Lost (Travis is still disappointed in the ending) on an air mattress in our living room and being too scared to walk to the bathroom by myself.
Sleeping on the same air mattress when we were both too sick to climb up into our too tall bed.
Driving back from the pharmacy in the middle of the night sharing a ... sorry - puke bowl and laughing about it.
Playing hide and seek in the dark in our second apartment - first at Aberdeen - and me not being able to find Travis for a LONG time (he was hiding in the couch with the cushions on top of him...). That's right. We play hide and seek. It's my favorite.

Our tree looks much better in person. I don't have the window decorations up yet. The stepping stool has already bested me twice so I'm waiting for Travis to help.

CARSEN got to see Santa last week. We went to the mall on a Wednesday when nobody was there and Cars got some quality time telling Santa all about the 7 continents in puzzle form that he wanted. He and Santa had a nice chat about all the different countries that Santa has to visit, and his special clock that stops time. Carsen was thrilled and I'm sorry but I left the camera home and we didn't get any pictures. Oh, and Santa gave Carsen a book which Carsen opened up and read back to Santa all by himself.


Who's number 1?




This one was supposed to be first. These are some hats that my Aunt Linda made our boys. SUPER CUTE! Carsen in his favorite shirt (right now he's reading his shirt from behind my shoulder..."Daddy's in charge, blame him! That is so appropriate!" - his words not mine), Ammon in at least the fourth outfit that day and as you can see from his right sleeve, already covered in spit up. Still so stinkin cute I could wrap both of them up in wrapping paper.



Probably better that the camera lens wasn't open for this second one...

2 comments:

  1. Your tree looks great! How fun to get a new one. The boys look great--cute hats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vickie Edwards! I have been looking for you for (about to sound stalkerish) YEARS! I'm so excited to see you and Travis are doing well and your little family is growing! I need to catch up with all your shenanigans - be prepared for lots of blog comments!

    ---Laura Adams

    ReplyDelete