Friday, May 6, 2011

Stages...

So our layout for this is not so great. I wanted to space things out better with the typing, but I figure something is better than nothing! Just think of it as a scavenger hunt ... look for clues in the pictures to find out where we've been and what we've been doing!










Ok, I'm not sure how long Ammon will give me here so....

Ammon is crawling. I love the stage that he's at right now and I won't lie but it's my favorite stage so far. Lot's of people love the little newborn phase during their child's first year but this one is my favorite.

I remember with Carsen thinking that he was super fun at around 9 months and then each new stage after that seemed to be my favorite so I'm really excited about the next year with Ammon. He is one social baby. He loves to chatter away and since he's mobile, only requires that you chatter back.

He hates his diaper changes and fights much more than Carsen ever did. I have had to pin both boys down with my feet under their arms while I try to quickly clean and cover their little bottoms. Mom's, you know the hold. Ammon seems to be a million times stronger at fighting this than Carsen was. Either that or I'm weaker ... (no that can't be it ;)

Ammon chases my feet around and tries to eat any part of me he can reach. He does this laughing - I think because my response is to tickle him.

Last weekend we drove to Montana via Rexburg and back again in two days. It was crazy insane but I have to say actually enjoyable. I needed a break from the house, and it was so good to see everyone.

I got some super cute pictures if I can ever get them to upload here...

Our next post I'm sure will be after we've moved to Colorado. I'm not sure how much I can type about this without tearing up, but we are excited. We've been so blessed and I feel so fortunate for the life we have had here and the life we will be starting up in Colorado Springs (home to Pike's Peak - Carsen is excited). Travis is super excited about owning part of a practice and not just being an associate. We really have been blessed so much these past six months despite of challenges that have come. I'll correct that to 9 months because let's face it, having a baby is a challenge too!

But why is it that every place we move away from get's a temple? Arizona (granted we were in Chandler not Gilbert), Rexburg, Indy, Meridian... oh well. Oh yeah, and guess what, we're moving on Friday the 13th so that's exciting. You know how much I like Friday the 13ths (really, I do)! Our anniversary is the 14th so we decided to be romantic and spend it sharing the basement at Mom and Dad's with Keith! :) Just kidding. I think we'll see Thor. That looks even more romantic right? So - goodbye Boise. It's always sad to say goodbye to one stage of life, but exciting to move into the next.

And happy Mother's Day everyone. I'm sure you will cry like me when the Primary sings on Sunday. I cried just for the practice.

3 comments:

  1. It was so good to see all of you guys!! I'm excited for you to move. I think it will be awesome for ya plus you'll now be my closest family.:) Also, I've gotta tell you that the music on your blog is always some of my favorite. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Vickie! I am so excited for you guys! We'll be thinking about you this weekend, wish we were there to help you move! Your little dudes are so handsome! Ammon is getting so big, I can't believe how much I want to kiss him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with getting settled in CO! You will love it! It is beautiful there! And you will be in good company, I hear. So fun for you! Miss yoU!

    ReplyDelete