Friday, August 26, 2011

School's In!



These are never in the order I want them. I'll figure it out someday...


First day was a very sunny day which means squinty eye's and pirate type expressions.


Sometimes our kids do things that surprise us, but I have to admit that it's been awhile since we've been surprised. With Ammon it's like this: Of course he's playing in the toilet, of course he's trying to close himself in the dishwasher.



Carsen is on the other spectrum. Of course he's spelling, of course he just read that sign that says "Kyoto".

I'm a mom and get to brag so here's my pride showing through. First thing to spell: Old Navy, in the bathtub at 2 and 1/2 years with foam letters. Kyoto story, 3 and half, December of 2009, while I was pregnant and we were driving around at night looking for this Japanese restaurant. Carsen said, "Kyoto, it's there on the left!".

Anyway, Carsen hasn't surprised me for awhile until I found this today:


We did go to the zoo yesterday and the writing down animals thing wasn't so surprising. Granted, he usually prefers to write down geographical areas, but he did sound out the spelling for rhinoceros (which apparently I need the help of spellcheck to spell myself), and he grouped gorillas and orangutans together and labeled them primates!

Yes he did this without a book, no he did not spell everything correctly, and yes he failed to include monkey's in his "primate" grouping. But the kid just had his first day of school this week so let's cut him some slack. Seriously, he is amazing and I want everyone to know!


At the zoo



That's right, it's a toilet plunger.



With the cousins watching/eating during "The Little Mermaid"
oh Ariel, you are my favorite...


Carsen and Ms. Korte, his teacher.






No comments:

Post a Comment