Friday, August 19, 2011

Photo Free

It's Friday night! And I'm all alone...

I figured I would get in some details of our Colorado Living. Nothing great, no pictures. Just some outer splurging of my internal thoughts.

Travis is gone and I don't know why I miss him ;) He's getting ready for the big surprise visit to the Plainfield ward fantasy football draft tomorrow morning. I'm going to take a gamble that no one from Indy still keeps track of our blog and reads this in the next 12 hours. Lindsey and Tashina, If you do read this, please keep it to yourself and don't tell your husbands!

Carsen: I think Carsen is just the sweetest little boy in the world. He continues to make up stories about his stuffed animals and loves to interrupt dinner conversation to tell us the latest Drippy the Frog story (He just moved from Minnesota to Monument and had his 95th birthday and is planning a trip to the Northwestern Territory in Canada).

Ammon: Fat baby is definitely the cutest if also the most destructive little tug in the world. Today he ended up destroying two large circular pot-pouri (sp) flowers by squishing them and then ramming a smaller decorative pine cone into his mouth. He still asks for his daddy every morning, gives his daddy huge kisses and makes me steal kisses from him. If I didn't already get this down, Ammon's first words were:

1. Dadda
2. Daddy
3. No no
4. Dad
5. Momma

The funny thing is, when Travis gave Ammon his name and blessing, he blessed him that he would have a special relationship with his mother. Go figure.

Ryan and Tj are our new neighbors. HORRAY!!! Tj makes me laugh so much and I LOVE laughing. We went up with Pini's for some fun in the sun last week to a lake for swimming and jet skiing. I'm embarrassed to admit that during my 41 mph spin on the jet ski, all thoughts of motherhood left my mind and I felt like a teenager again. Even more embarrassing is that I loved that feeling. Not quite sure what to make of that. Carsen loved being pulled on the inner tube and keeps asking me when he can go tubing or ride the jet ski again. I think he's going to be my thrill seeking partner in crime. Travis, I know you're out there somewhere thinking about your first round pick, so this is your notice that when the time comes, you'll be stuck with Ammon.

I've gone through what seems like a dozen books this month that have all left me disappointed. We did get to see the final Harry Potter movie - which made me a little emotional. The first HP movie I saw as a Freshman in college and now I'm sending my oldest to school next week! I feel like we've reached the end of an era. In fact, Travis and I were both feeling a little nostalgic this week as we finished up "My Finale and My Finale part 2" Scrubs episodes.

Mom's babysitting J and K's kids while they are cruising it up around the island of Crete right now. Travis thinks the ideal vacation would be to go to a cabin by a lake. I think the ideal would include a 5 diamond hotel on a beach (if not a 5 diamond room, at least a 5 diamond worthy bathroom) with all you can eat food, jet ski's, water skiing, rock climbing and repelling, kayaking with whales and dolphins (Santa Barbara Channel Islands here we come), and para-sailing. Then taking a day to hit up an amusement park with the scariest roller coasters ever.

That should do it for now. If you'll excuse me, there's a container of cookie dough I just remembered needs my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment