Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cleaning, Kids, and Complaints

All right- here are some updated pictures of the boys. Sorry about the family photo, we were going to go in last Saturday morning but life happened.


I don't have much interesting to say, but I do have a complaint that I would like to register.

I imagine most every woman I know spends their day like mine. Cleaning. This morning I cleaned puke off our rug, off my freshly steamed, sanitized (thank you Shark steamer), and polished (thank you Rejuvenate) wood floor, and off a teething baby - ok here's a funny story for you and I know I'm getting off subject but this is funny:


Carsen was finger painting while I was cleaning this morning. Ammon was by him. Ammon puked and then rubbed his hands all over in it smearing it on the floor and I couldn't help but think he was trying to paint like his big brother!


Alright, I cleaned up a lot of Ammon mess this morning. Puke and other things. I also cleaned up some Travis mess- my husband has managed to move us eight times in the almost 7 years we've been married and hold onto a LOT of junk. Sorry Trav, but you are a little ridiculous. This morning I cleaned a handful (Carsen says: "5 is a handful!") of origami figures made out of gum wrappers.

Anyway, lots of cleaning. Then I checked my email to find an e-invite to our enrichment night where we are going to be talking about ... you guessed it. Cleaning.

Travis' last Elder's Quorum activity was at Shari's Restaurant.

Other past activities have included Golden Corral, Dairy Queen, football games, tailgate parties, and mini golf. Now I'm fine with that, but here are the past Relief Society activities I remember: Spring Cleaning, Cleaning the Bishop's storehouse, working at the cannery and what seemed like a once a month activity last year of exercising (I was pregnant so these really stuck out).


Now granted, I'm picking and choosing what things to list from the past 5ish years, and obviously I'm picking the more frustrating ones to prove my point. Nevertheless, if anyone deserves a little break from reality it is the stay at home Mom. I don't think anyone would argue with that. Travis, no kind of smart remarks here will be tolerated without a promise of a blizzard.

I wish we could just have a party. It could be, let's celebrate all that you're doing and have done. Take a break from cleaning, child care, personal improvement, and just come have dessert and socialize. Do you want to know what I'm going to do instead of going to Spring Cleaning? Go to Dairy Queen.

I know this is terrible, and I'm not sure if anyone from our current ward reads our blog, if so let's have the Elder's Quorum plan the next enrichment night! Also I think I'm going a little stir crazy here with our little crier.

Yesterday I put Carsen and Ammon on the grass outside while I started dinner. I did this because I read that a daily dose of sunshine, no matter how small the amount, will help you to be happier. Ammon is definetly the grumpiest in the family and I was a little desperate for a few minutes to just put him down without hearing him cry. So the boys went outside and we turned on Carsen's bug cd to cover up the noise. No crying for about 30 seconds. Just enough time to let me run back inside and shut the door. :)


Sorry Mom, I'm not as perfect as you think I am. I could see them the whole time, they were in no danger, I just needed 10 minutes to myself and instead I took 15 :) I later told Travis that I wished I were a perfect person just so that I could enjoy being a mom without ever getting frustrated or feeling like I need to take a break from my kids for a little while. Not even kids. Just Ammon's crying. Carsen right now is sitting behind me in the chair with his legs wrapped around my waist and arms wrapped around my neck, listening to me read this out loud and laughing in all the places I start laughing. I definitely don't need a break from that.



Good News, apparently Travis just read my post and called to tell me he's taking us out to eat at Shari's tonight! ;)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Vickie, I am so sorry. I had to laugh when I read all of your RS activities as of late. What are they thinking?! You definately deserve a party! A non-cleaning party! I wish I could steal you away for a girl's weekend!!! It would be all fun and no cleaning! And we'd be sure to have lots of ice cream! :P YUM! On another note...Your boys are adorable! I know you say that you need a break from Ammon...you can send him over here! I would be happy to kiss those chubby cheeks! He is so cute! Love the picture of him giving Carson kisses, SO SWEET! I miss you beautiful lady! Hope things brighten up for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hear what you're saying. We stay home all day and clean up messes already, why would you want to spend your "alone" time at a RS activity talking about more cleaning. If it was me, I'd invite a few friends to ditch out of the activity with me and join me for dessert!
    Your kids are SO cute! Sorry to hear that Ammon is a crier. Hope he gets over that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you letting your kids be outside by themselves for a little while is a wonderful idea! If we had a fenced in yard, I'd do it myself! Here's a link to the tutorial for that skirt you want to steal from me... Hope you find a way to fill your well! And way to go opening up on your blog. I like it when other moms are 'real'!

    http://www.sewdangcutecrafts.com/2010/10/charlotte-russe-inspired-skirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, Vickie... you are so spot on!! I feel like this often and am getting quite nervous for another little person to clean up after! I hope you can get a big break soon!! You are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's go to Vegas! Just you and me and some FIERCE hi-heels! :)

    ReplyDelete